Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Alaska made it and Willie was there

Time: 2128 Hours (my computer time)

..We are the champions my friend, we'll keep on fightin' till the end

We are the champions...

We are the champions...

We are the champions of the world...

I can hear this lyrics murmuring to my ear.

I'm watching the finals of the current conference (Fiesta Conference) of Philippine Basketball Association (aka PBA), Talk and Text and Alaska were the teams battling for the title. Tim Cone, the coach and a bunch of good players made it really possible.

I'm not an Alaska fan, but since Willie was traded to them, of course I will support the man of the conference. He was proclaimed as the conference Most Valuable Player, his contenders were Mark Cardona (Talk n Text) and Gary David (Air 21).

It was a good fight, many deadlocks were tallied, but only one team will rule the game. The Alaska Aces. Also the Best Import come from this team. I just can't believe that my favorite former coaches were with Alaska, such as Joel Banal (former coach of ADMU, where ADMU won a UAAP season; Luigi Trillo, an AdU coach and my crush of course .

The Alaska team was very glad and overwhelmed, to get the title many struggles may come up, the losses, the wins and other hindrances such as injured player etc.

Talk and Text, the conference's first runner-up. The team who made Alaska burst out their eagerness to win. They put up a great fight, when Alaska made a point, they will also answer it. On the crucial seconds, they had a great execution but Belano, missed it up from the rainbow corner. And Reynel Hugnatan of the Aces got rebound; Belano was caught by the camera teary-eyed. I can feel his eagerness to win and also his 'panghihinayang' that he missed the shot.

I salute these teams. I want to see them again battling for the title on the next conference.

Cheers to both teams!!

Posted in Multiply - July 20, 2007

No comments: